shipping cookies cross country to my niece at cornell poses some challenges. a lot of my cookies are too fragile to travel. and i always worry about the freshness factor, especially if i opt for ups versus u.s.p.s. priority mail. well, these individual brownie bites travel well and are bite-sized which make them the perfect snack to pass out among dorm friends!
2 cup unsalted butter
6 ozs. chopped unsweetened chocolate
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups baker’s sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1. preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. in a heavy duty pan atop the stove, melt the butter, chocolate and salt, stirring constantly. when melted, remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
3. in a mixer, combine the sugar and eggs until light and fluffy.
4. add vanilla and the cooled butter/chocolate mixture just until blended.
5. gently fold in flour.
6. line your mini cupcake tins with mini cupcake papers. fill each cup approximately 2/3 full, then add chopped nuts or mini bits to the top of each cup. (nuts work very well with these mini cupcakes!)
7. bake the mini muffins or 20 minutes for a chewy brownie. brownie bites will be set and top will look a bit dry. remove from oven.
8. remove from muffin tin, allowing mini cupcakes to cool before storing.